I still remember the first time I came to Utrecht. My mom and I came to have a look at the only university in the Netherlands that offered Celtic studies, and I instantly fell in love with the ancient buildings, the canals with their little restaurants, the wobbly streets… And especially the atmosphere. It’s cozy, safe, and so calm, compared to Amsterdam. I lived in Amsterdam for two years before moving to Utrecht, and I’ve talked before about how much I didn’t feel at home there. It was very tourist-oriented, busy, stressed out, dirty, dangerous… Just not a place where I should be.
Aaah! I’m so excited to announce I’ll be doing my FIRST EVER MEETUP!
As you probably know, I was featured in Cosmopolitan NL a while ago. They did a feature on “YouTube Queens” and asked me to do a photoshoot and interview. Of course I said YES right away, I mean… WHAT!?
The issue came out in March, and I showed it to you then. Many of you seemed to regret not being able to read it, since it’s in Dutch. I decided to translate it for you guys today! Woop!
Coco tagged me to do the Beauty Scenario Tag. It consist of eight questions, depicting various beauty scenarios. These are the questions:
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
I had a lot of fun answering these!
Well, this must come as a surprise to many of you. Given that I mentioned being “too lazy to blog” in a video pretty recently, I bet you didn’t guess I was secretly working on a brand new website all along!
Here’s the deal: I love to write. I used to write fiction when I was young, but that habit died when I entered highschool and was forced to write many, many things that didn’t come from the heart. It kind of took the fun off of writing for me, which is a great shame since it’s something I always used to enjoy. So now that I’ve almost graduated university and my days of academic writing are over, I thought it would be fun to venture into something new: blog writing.
I want my blog to reflect and expand upon what my channel is all about. You can expect ‘Outfit of the Day’ posts, recipes, product reviews, the more personal ‘Tea Time’ type posts, and much more.
In short, this will be your central hub for all things Loepsie. I’m looking forward so much to using this blog as an outlet for any tips that pop into my mind, things I come across and want to share, or things that are going on in my life. Sometimes I want to get something across to you guys that’s hard to fit into the format of a video, or there is more to a subject than I can fit into one video, which are some of the reasons why I feel like Loepsie.com will be the perfect complement to Loepsie the channel.
I’ve been working on this website for the past few months, slowly adding content as I went along. You will already find added content for my videos ranging back as far as January, and some new unique content that I only added recently.
I am going to publish at least one post every weekday. There will be a blogpost on monday and a beauty tutorial video on tuesday. On wednesday, I want to introduce Q&A Wednesday, where I answer a few of your questions about beauty, life, fashion, or whatever it is you want to ask me. On thursday, there will be another video. Friday is Vlog Friday, when I upload my compilation vlog of the past week.
I say I’m going to publish at least one post… My mind is already overflowing with so many ideas that I’ll probably post more than once on some days!
I sincerely hope that you will enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. Here’s to new beginnings!
PS: Feel free to leave your questions in a comment and I may answer yours next Q&A Wednesday!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin